Meet the Board
- Founder and owner of Town Money Saver (22 years in business).
- Served as board member for three years for St. Gabriel Radio.
- 1st degree knight in Knights of Columbus.
- Lion in Lucas Lions club.
- Parish Council at St. Mary of the Snows.
As President of the Lucas Community Center Board his duties will include maintaining a commitment to the vision and mission of the board, troubleshooting issues, assisting to craft a long term organization that is truly the community’s and one which lives past the current members.
Average hours of 8-10 hours per month.
- Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Presently serving as a co-chair of the Richland County Foundation, a non-profit organization in Mansfield, Ohio.
General duties as a member of the Lucas Community Center board will be to serve as the secretary of the organization and the communications director.
Average hours of 20-32 hours per month.
Margaret McGrew Martin
- 1966 Lucas High School graduate.
- B.S. degree in Elementary Education from Ashland University.
- Masters degree in Supervision from Ashland University.
- Taught Kindergarten and First Grade at Western Elementary in Lexington, Ohio for 45 years.
- Member of First Presbyterian Church in Mansfield, Ohio..
Margaret is the assistant administrator for the Lucas Community Center helping to expand programs for all ages and interest levels. She has two grown children and three grandsons.
Kimberly S. Smollen
Kim is an Administrative Professional with more than 25 years of experience. She is currently the Office Administrator at Mt. Zion Lutheran Church, where her duties include being the Church Secretary and Treasurer.
Kim has served on the Madison Office Education Advisory Board, and has served many terms on Church Council, where she has held the Office of Secretary. She has also served as the Recording Secretary for the Richland County Board of MR/DD and Richland County Board of Adult Services (MR/DD).
Kim and her husband, Phil, live in Lucas with their 3 very active school-aged children. Kim is very active in the school, assisting with Athletic Boosters, Music Boosters, Elementary Yearbook, classroom volunteering, and any other area that needs parental assistance. Kim is also a Youth Group Leader at Mt. Zion Lutheran, where she also teaches Sunday School, leads Christian Book Study, and serves on numerous committees.
Mark is currently the Executive Vice President of Mechanics Bank, where he has been employed since July 2001. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Bowling Green State University. Mark has been in banking almost 30 years, and previous to that, worked as a Certified Public Accountant. Beginning October 1, 2015, Mark will begin his new role as President/CEO of Mechanics Bank.
Mark has extensive community service experience and currently serves on the boards of the Richland County Foundation, Richland County Growth Corporation, and Richland Carrousel Park.
Additionally, Mark is active in several community non-profit organizations and serves as the Elder and Senior Minister of the Illinois Avenue Apostolic Christian Church. He and his wife, Jeannine, live in the Lucas community; they have 5 grown children and 10 grandchildren.
- Pastor of Grace Bible Church in Lucas.
- Pastor of Four Square Church in Lucas.